- City: Toronto
- State/Province: Ontario
- Country: Canada
- Listed: October 1, 2015 10:40 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Visit Flexmorestaffing.com to apply and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexmore Staffing – Toronto, ON
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Manager Applications & Development
Specific Responsibilities and Planning, Solution Evaluation
1. Evaluate solutions for potential problem areas, making appropriate and timely recommendations.
2. Ensure software solutions meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements.
3. Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
4. Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and provide advice based on findings.
5. Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
6. Work with cross-functional leads to identify technological implications of business decisions and to translate these into IT plans and deliverables.
7. Keep abreast of technological developments. Evaluate their relevance and importance for the Company’s current and future operations.Software Development and Configuration Management
8. Accountable for the development of enhancements and upgrades to systems software.
9. Accountable for the Build & Deployment of applications and systems software.
10. Provide technical leadership to developers working on the Agile and Level 3 Support teams.
11. Responsible for reliability and stability of the application systems, ensuring sound technology solutions and practices are adopted.
12. Identify root causes and resolve application errors.
13. Ensure software deliverables meet functional requirements, system and government compliance, and interface specifications.
14. Collaborate with Product Owners and QA in the testing of new software programs and applications.
15. Establish coding and documentation standards and enforce compliance in all deliverables.16. Liaise with DBA, Configuration Specialist, and Release manager on software releases and configuration.
Staff Management & Resource Allocation (10 – 15 Programmer/Analysts)
1. Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of customers and business operations.
2. Manage resources within the development team; execute all activities related to employees’ management (Hiring, performance management, coaching, training, etc.)
3. Work with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Application Support Manager, to ensure that development resources are allocated effectively and deliverables are meeting business and budgetary objectives.
4. Work with Application Support Manager to ensure that development resources are allocated effectively to meet the service level as required by 3rd Level Incident Management.
5. Create knowledge transfer plan and effectively facilitate knowledge transfer activities to ensure that all areas of application systems are support by at least one primary and one backup developers.
6. Continue to improve the functionality, reliability and quality of services provided by the technology teams.
7. Use metrics and KPIs to accurately reflect status of deliverables and team performance on an ongoing basis.
8. Take appropriate action when necessary to ensure that budgetary targets are met.
9. Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
10. Maintains effective communications with all levels of the organization. Section A
11. Provide domain expertise and effectively participate in the development of business solutions.
12. Liaison with various departments to form strategies and implement product offerings at store level.
Job QualificationsEducation & Certification
1. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related field).
Knowledge & Experience1. 7+ years experience in managing staff and teams of software development and systems integrations.
2. 3+ years experience as Development Manager, leading software development in client server and web application systems environment.
3. In-depth technology knowledge and experience in the development and architecture of client server, SOA and Saas systems. Specifically in T-SQL, Powerbuilder, ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, Object-oriented modeling and development.
4. Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
5. Worked with in an Agile Scrum development environment with substantial exposure to Agile-based work structures and principles.
6. Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
7. Working knowledge of network and Windows operating systems.
8. Knowledge of applicable data privacy and compliance.
9. Working experience in health care industry is an asset.
1. Strong customer-service orientation.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
5. Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
6. Highly self-motivated and directed.
7. Keen attention to detail.
8. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
9. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
10. Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while assessing risk and roadblocks.
11. Ability to bridge gaps and communicate effectively between cross-functional teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Manager : 7 years
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Search Classified Ads
- Kids Birthday Party | Kids Birthday Parties
- Pharmacy Assistant – Bilingual (French & English)
- Bar Neon Sign
- Brand New Spare Tire with Rim
- Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone Rental + Free Delivery anywhere in Canada
- Account Manager / Sales
- Check out this weeks’s highlights of Fashion Justice’s postings and the inspiration behind each one.
- Sr. Technical Services Technician
Popular Ads Overall
- Pro Makeup By Natasha (17764 views)
- Pro Makeup By Natasha (14521 views)
- Tiffany & Co. Triple Interlocking Rolling Bangle (6318 views)
- CANADA BUSINESS LOANS UNSECURED FAST (4415 views)
- 2014 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS EPIC WORLD CUP (4333 views)
- Loud Working Stainless Steel Refridgerator (4278 views)
- Manolo Blahnik Pink Suede Mules (3412 views)
- Urgently for sale Trek Superfly FS 9.8 SL 2014 Mountain Bike (3411 views)
- ★★★★★★Siberian Husky puppies For Adoption★★★★★★ (2981 views)
- Computer Repair Store at Beach Toronto (2440 views)