- State/Province: Prince Edward Island
- Country: Algeria
- Listed: July 21, 2015 12:00 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
China, the world’s largest aluminum producer and user, in April exported more of the metal than it imported for the first time since the end of 2008 as supply outpaced demand.
Outbound shipments rose to 48,546 metric tons, exceeding imports of 28,987 tons, according to data from the Beijing-based Customs General Administration. Foreign shipments totaled 2,212 tons in March and 118 tons in April 2009.
China’s aluminum production capacity will expand 20 percent this year, Neil Buxton, managing director at London-based researcher GFMS Metals Consulting, said May 21. Stockpiles monitored by the Shanghai Futures Exchange have climbed almost 65 percent this year to a record 489,495 tons.
“Consumption in China is also strong, but not enough to absorb the growth in domestic production,” Buxton said.
Output of aluminum, used in industries from aerospace to packaging, will exceed consumption by 1.5 million tons this year, according to a Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc forecast. That would be a fourth consecutive year of oversupply.
Chinese exports of the metal will probably remain elevated even after some output cuts linked to higher local power prices, Buxton said. Rising physical premiums in Europe, Japan and the U.S. gave Chinese exporters an incentive to sell more metal overseas, he said.
European premiums paid for aluminum jumped to $105 a ton in Rotterdam, the highest in at least a decade, according to London-based researcher CRU. In the U.S. Midwest, the premium advanced to the highest since 2005. The premiums are added to the price of metal for immediate delivery on the London Metal Exchange.
“We believe that the domestic market currently remains in an oversupplied situation,” Kevin Norrish and Gayle Berry, analysts at Barclays Capital in London, said in a May 21 report. Production expansion may slow because of rising costs and tighter environmental legislation, they said.
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: tjdetai
- Member Since: June 30, 2015
Other items listed by tjdetai
- Tesla demand for aluminum may bring hopes for Alcoa
- China’s metals ploy was quick to rust
- Base metals gains on strong US dollar
- China ending some import license requirements
- Aluminum caster to bring in about 15 Allenton jobs
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads Overall
- Pro Makeup By Natasha (17546 views)
- Pro Makeup By Natasha (14477 views)
- Tiffany & Co. Triple Interlocking Rolling Bangle (6194 views)
- 2014 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS EPIC WORLD CUP (4280 views)
- Loud Working Stainless Steel Refridgerator (4245 views)
- CANADA BUSINESS LOANS UNSECURED FAST (4241 views)
- Manolo Blahnik Pink Suede Mules (3375 views)
- Urgently for sale Trek Superfly FS 9.8 SL 2014 Mountain Bike (3359 views)
- ★★★★★★Siberian Husky puppies For Adoption★★★★★★ (2950 views)
- Computer Repair Store at Beach Toronto (2411 views)